Go Green Smoothie
- 2 medium green apples
- 3 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 bunch freshly chopped parsley
- the juice of half a lemon
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. fresh chopped ginger
- Thoroughly wash and roughly chop all of the ingredients.
- Juice all of the ingredients together.
- Serve immediately.
- 250g strawberries, sliced
- 2 small bananas
- ½ cup apple juice
- ½ cup fat free milk
- 175ml fat free plain yoghurt
- Crush a few ice cubes in the blender.
- Add all other ingredients and blend together, gradually increasing speed as the mixture becomes smooth and adding extra ice if consistency becomes too thick.
- Serve immediately or cool further in the refrigerator before serving.
This berry smoothie is bursting with goodness: antioxidants and vitamin C from the strawberries and potassium as well as fiber from both the banana and strawberries.