The combination of avocado and strawberries might sound odd at first, but its simply gorgeous. Add a some shaved turkey, some green salad leaves and a little feta cheese (if you’re feeling adventurous) and this avo salad with strawberry slices is sure to leave your taste buds satisfied. Adding strawberries to salad is a good alternate to a starch and boosts the antioxidant and fiber content. Butter lettuce is a softer lettuce that tends to be better tolerated than other lettuces, especially darker green, leafier lettuces.
- 125g shaved turkey or chicken
- 1 x 500g packet of butter lettuce
- one handful of rocket leaves
- 1 medium avocado pear, sliced
- 15 medium strawberries, sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Add the butter lettuce to bowl and mix in the rocket leaves.
- Separate the turkey shavings and arrange over the lettuce and rocket.
- Arrange the avo slices over the turkey.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the avo.
- Add the sliced strawberries.
- Season with black pepper.