These days you can get all sorts of organic and baby veggies, which aren’t only great tasting but have amazing visual appeal. I use a mixture of purple, orange and yellow baby carrots to make this dish. It’s great as a starter or as a side dish for roast chicken or lamb if you’re having a relaxed family gathering. I usually make a large batch of sweet carrots so I can keep some for snacks during the week.
- 500g carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup of 100% pure apple juice
- 1 ml ground cinnamon
- 1 ml ground nutmeg
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. honey
- ground salt to taste
- Place the carrots in a shallow saucepan.
- Pour the apple juice over them, add the cinnamon, nutmeg, parsley and salt and drizzle with honey.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer gently for 20-30 minutes until the carrots are crispy and tender and the liquid has boiled away.