A little lean red meat every now and then adds variation and taste appeal to your eating plan, and this steak with thyme honey and mustard sauce is downright delicious. When we do this recipe at home we usually braai a whole steak fillet and cut it into portions afterwards, but the recipe is so simple and easy that it works just as well for individual portions done in a pan on the stove top. Serve with sweet potato cooked in tinfoil in braai coals or roasted with thyme in the oven.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 x 150g lean beef steaks
- 1 Tbs. honey
- ⅓ cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbs. mustard
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Add the steaks and cook on each side until done.
- Remove steaks from the pan and add the honey, lemon juice, thyme and mustard to the pan.
- Simmer these ingredients uncovered until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Spread the sauce over each steak for serving.