Salmon is rich in omega 3 fatty acids, which have natural anti-inflammatory properties – one reason why these scrambled eggs with smoked salmon are an ideal IBS-friendly breakfast. Serve with a slice of low GI or health bread instead of rye, according to tolerance. For a gluten free variation serve with corn crackers, rice cakes or boiled baby potatoes. Or, if you want to avoid starch, serve with avocado drizzled with lemon juice.
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 60g smoked salmon, cut into thin strips
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh dill or chopped chives for garnish
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites together.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan.
- On a low to medium heat, gently cook eggs until curds begin to form.
Use a flexible spatula to move the eggs around.
- Just before the eggs are set, stir in the salmon.
- Remove from heat promptly.
- Season with the chives or dill and black pepper.
- Serve with a slice of rye bread, toasted.